There are some dangers in using an external hard drive for backup which do not exist when using a cloud service:
- Just like a primary hard drive, external drives can and will one day fail
- Experts recommend backed up data should be kept a minimum of 250 metres away from the original data in case of fire or water damage
- External hard drives can be stolen, not only meaning your back up will be gone but your sensitive data will be available to the thief!
- External hard drives that don’t require an extra plug all drain laptop batteries, those that do need a plug socket are cumbersome to use on the move
- Backing up to an external drive requires input from you, our software is automated and means your data is kept up to date in the cloud
We maintain secure Google Cloud Storage data servers which cannot lose your data, your data is not only safe but also secure – it is encrypted and no one but you can access it.